The Moonball Blog

Wednesday, February 04, 2009

Let them eat steak

I just remembered last night that I'm supposed to be at Hawks vs. Wolves tonight, another interesting matchup I am looking forward to. Plus, to get my mouth watering for this game, I just saw Zaza Pachulia and rookie Othello Hunter in the downtown skyway eating at D. Brian's. I hope they were eating the steak sandwich with seasoned fries. If I was in the NBA I would eat steak every day.
Hopefully with Al Horford out (and Zaza slowed by a mysterious stomach ailment), the Wolves will be able to defend the paint and take it inside vs. Atlanta. Maybe they will put Mad Dog on Bibby and he can flail him right out of the building.
A couple questions:
  • Does anyone else see the resemblance between Zaza and Windbreakers? Distant cousins maybe?
  • Also, is this what passes for a blog post these days?
Update:
Things didn't quite go as expected -- Joe Johnson was out, but Al Horford was back, and looked healthy again. He had some big steals and blocks, and Pachulia played big as well. Kevin Love started in place of Craig Smith. With a full shift, Love scored 16 points and came down with 14 boards himself. Why is he not in the Rookie game at least? He's a second all-star snub after Jefferson. Oh the hapless Wolves get no respect.

Lastly, I was shocked to see Rashad McCants checking in at the scorer's table after 13 games riding the pine. For once, he finally seemed to get it, and was a sparkplug that helped the Wolves return from a 14 point deficit, only to lose in the end after a Bibby dagger with under a minute to go. Oh well.

2 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home