The Moonball Blog

Saturday, April 19, 2008

Congrats Knick50

1st off, I protest Knick50’s Moonball title on general principal. Shit House has won at every level but college and the pro's. Furthermore you miss 100% of the shots you don't take. Lastly, practice, you're talkin bout practice? Jenny had a better season by every standard but overall Moonball points; Knick50, no disrespect.

NBA awards

Doc Rivers is the coach of the year. The Celts were BY FAR the best team in the league and one of the main question marks going into the season was Doc’s coaching. AND he gets my vote now and forever because he admitted to being depressed and distracted the day after G.W. was elected over Kerry. In fact he called it a “dark day in the history of our country”.

6th man- Manu 4sure.

Most improved- I like this award to go to a player who is not yet established. (side note: If you look back I had Turk as rookie of the year in a preseason Outside Shot a million years ago.) Hedo has been a legit NBA player for years. Just because he had a career year he should get an award? I think guys such as Andrew Bynum, Kendrick Perkins or Travis Outlaw should be considered. For me, Rajon Rondo made a huge leap from last year and is my obvious choice.

R.O.Y.- This award goes to Greg Oden. Has a player who did not suit up ever had such an impact on a franchise? Honorable mention goes to Al Horford.

Defensive Player- I gotta go with KG. Wow. I always loved him but watching him so often with the C’s has been a treat. He makes everybody better including Tom Thibodeau who deserves a lot of credit but because of KG he will get a head coach job soon.

MVP- Kobe (ouch) he is better then LBJ, KG and CP3. Beyond that he led his team to the best record in the West and the West is the best conference in any sport I’ve ever seen. He is at the top of his game and for the 1st time in his career, he understands the role of his teammates. I can only hope the Playoffs proves me wrong.

The Playoffs will be a blast but my predictions begin and end with the Celts beating the Lakers in six games. The finals will climax with Glen Davis chasing a loose ball and crushing both Phil Jackson and Kurt Rambis, ending their respective coaching careers.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home