The Moonball Blog

Tuesday, April 15, 2008

Wild, Wild April

Quite a lot of excitement in the sports world right now...

With two games left in the NBA season, a mere two games separate first place from sixth place in the Western Conference standings.

With two days left in the MoonBall season, Knick30 maintains a very tenuous hold on first, while Shithouse sits one Stuckey surprise (or another KG end-of-the-season tanking) from toppling the Evil Empire.

And at the other end of the spectrum, will CelticGreen pull it together enough to overtake Lumpy "Phoning It in Since November" Joe in the final days?

But, the most exciting thing going on in the world of sports right now? The first-round playoff battle between the Minnesota Wild and Colorado Avalanche. Three games, three sudden-death overtimes. I never thought I'd find myself staying up past midnight to watch a hockey game on TV, but I guess this really is Hockey Town, USA.

2 Comments:

  • I too have been taking in a little Wild. I guess I miss hometown pro-sports playoffs more than I let on. As soon as NBA playoffs start, that will take most of my attention.

    But it's still regular season, and I have 1 more game to take in. Wolves vs. Bucks at Target Center tonight, the last game without next year's first rounder. More than that, I'm all about the Shithome/Chicago tilt in Moonball. In keeping with the hockey post -- what do we do if the moonball league comes to a first place tie? Shootout?

    By Blogger TVDave, at 5:37 PM  

  • Gotta love the hockey post that I didn't write. I've taken in a bit of the Cup playoffs myself. The Wings, arghh, I hope there isn't another early playoff exit. Rangers, Habs, and Pens all look tough, should be a brutal second round in the east. And the Flames are taking their toll on the Sharks--even if SJ gets through, they'll be bruised and beaten. Here's hoping Anaheim loses as soon as possible.

    By Blogger Ironwood Flash, at 8:04 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home