The Moonball Blog

Friday, March 21, 2008

The Madness

Even though the top seeds won 14 of the 16 games on Day One, there's been no shortage of Madness in the NCAAs so far. That Duke near-miss alone is worth the price of admission. And Day Two is shaping up to be another good one, so far...

My company moved into new offices a couple of months ago, and one of the new "perks" is TVs on the premises, fully hooked-up with cable. At first, it seemed weird to have TVs in an office. That is, until these last two days. It’s been awesome. I can walk into the break room under the pretense of refilling my coffee and then just sit and watch whatever game happens to be on. No need to take sick days in March anymore.

P.S. And just minutes ago I watched Western KY beat Drake at the buzzer in overtime. Good stuff.

3 Comments:

  • I have no tv at work, enjoy JLev.

    To whine a bit, is it me, or are there even more commercials lately in college basketball? It seems like the game is so damned choppy. I suppose it's the same in the pros, but at least you get the first six minutes of the half without a break.

    Maybe it's always been that way and I'm just used to fast forwarding through the ads these days.

    By Blogger Ironwood Flash, at 9:46 PM  

  • I haven't noticed the ads, because I've only been half paying attention. In New Orleans, just walking down the street and checking the scores through the open shuttered doors! Michelle was with me at the end, so if an ad came on and we were watching in our room, then it was time to check on the romantic comedy a few channels away.

    I told her March was gonna be that way, and she's been extremely tolerant. We stood in the street outside an Irish bar to watch the final 2 minutes of Hornets vs. Celtics on Saturday...and you know how long 2 minutes can take in a close game. Talk about ads....

    By Blogger TVDave, at 8:33 AM  

  • It's me Jenny, signing in as Josh because my password never f**ing works on this blog.

    Sounds like she was more tolerant than I was on my last trip to New Orleans during March Madness, in my pre-basketball fan days (or as one might put it, the days of not knowing my ass from my face). Anyway, apologies to Josh and Abe for yelling at them for peering into bar windows and generally ruining March Madness during our college spring break road trip. I've come a long way, baby!

    By Blogger jLev, at 10:11 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home