The Moonball Blog

Monday, June 18, 2007

Trade Rumors

Man, there's some serious shit flying around, what with Kobe and KG's name floating out there. I've read rumors of both of them going to Beantown and one unlikely piece of speculation that Kobe could maybe end up in the Motor. Which leads me to this question, how would you feel if Kobe were traded to your team?

Before the rape allegation, I didn't like the beef but I didn't hate him. Ever since he skated after all but copping to the charge, I've resented the fact that the media let up on him and essentially worked to rehab his image. So I've disliked him more than any player in the game over the last period, to the extent that I even avoided picking him in Moonball once or twice, even when he was the obvious choice.

He's really damn good though, isn't he? And unstoppable forces tend to look good in blue and red. How would some of the haters who are partial to the Celtics feel about him going to Boston?

One final thought--it would be good for the league if Kobe and KG headed east. Might even things up a bit.

Labels: , ,

5 Comments:

  • Apparently Basketawful and Sam Smith are reading Tom.

    There is no Chicago potential - I don't see Kobe trading Phil's Asian space out for Scott Skiles' bursting neck veins.

    By Blogger HP All-stars, at 9:45 PM  

  • Correct link - http://basketbawful.blogspot.com/2007/06/note-to-bulls-just-dont-do-it_17.html

    By Blogger HP All-stars, at 9:53 PM  

  • I would have a horrible time if the C's picked up Kobe.

    No question about his talent. . . but like Anaken, mofo was rotten from the start, from the whining to early championships.

    F the Dark Side!

    By Blogger The Green, at 12:13 AM  

  • As for the overall rumor mill, I am quited excited. I would love to Danny accomplish something. . . the proposed KG deal seems to crazy to be true, and if McHale makes another trade to Ainge, it should be his last as GM.

    By Blogger The Green, at 12:16 AM  

  • can't do kobe. won't do kobe. would begrudgingly continue to root for the C's if it happens, which it won't.

    By Blogger monkeyshoes, at 6:05 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home