The Moonball Blog

Tuesday, May 29, 2007

Arggghh

So I know you all probably don't care, but I still have a team in this thing and it's been a frustrating experience this whole series. As much as I have loved this team over the current run, it's enervating to watch them play underneath their abilities when they think they are supposed to win. A few observations:

-Who cloned Chauncey Billups but left out the clutch gene? And where's the floor game? The lessons of Larry Brown? C'mon Mr. Big Shot, your free agent meter is running and you are coming up short. 22 turnovers and 16 assists in 4 games--who is that guy running my team?

-Daniel Gibson--a nice player, who knew? How can you not like his confidence? We'll see how he does back in the Motor. And I hate to say it, but 12 free throws?

-Maybe this has been covered before, but what's the deal with the Drew Gooden neck patch? What a dumbass.

-A less than stellar performance from Sheed, he has to be better.

-LeBron, wow. He sank some crazy shots tonight and was the man. I hate to think that he's arriving at the Pistons expense.

-And lastly, I predicted the Pistons run would end with a CWebb failure, but I guess I thought it would be a little more dramatic. I still think the Pistons will win the series (though I am by no means confident) but CWebb is moving (sort of) around the court with a Trident in his back. He is d-u-n, wow. He's somehow making Z look quick. The regular season resurgence was a ruse, Flip should give his minutes to Mad Max, and maybe bring him off the bench when Chauncey gets a rest and let the offense run through the high post. But that's pretty much all he has left. An ultimately unfulfilled career for a great talent.

Labels: ,

1 Comments:

  • Yeah, i'm feeling for you Flash. Seriously, this has to be a frustrating series. Last night looked like the Pistons' game - they had seized control of the game in the third but just couldn't keep it. I think the curse of the Flipster is at work...

    I am pulling for the Pistons because they are our only hope to stop the Spurs, though not if they play like this.

    By Blogger Jason N, at 2:26 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home