The Moonball Blog

Saturday, May 19, 2007

The Prince

Davey referred to this TrueHoop post about Tayshaun in a comment below and I liked it so much I decided it needed a little highlighting. I've told everyone who would listen over the last few years that Tayshaun was my favorite basketball player, period, and he is already an all-timer for me, up there with Joe D. probably when all is said and done.

He is symbolic of one of the things that I love about the Pistons team of the current effort: you can make an argument that any one of 4-5 guys is the most important on the team, that what they do is indispensable to the team. Tayshaun generally comes in 4th or 5th on that list, depending on the era (before this year, people would have pointed to Ben as completely necessary for success), but I think he's right up there, just because he can do basically anything on the floor.

So, to sum up, Tayshaun--he's the man. And the Pistons are a true team, filled with interlocking necessary parts. Now that fan favorite Phoenix is out of things, there's lots of room on the Detroit wagon, folks.

On another note, I didn't get this in in time, but I knew the Nets would lay an egg last night, what a stinker. Cleveland is a little better than people give them credit for and the Nets are not much after their big three, and sometimes it's only a big one. It will be interesting to see who is on that team next year. Sorry Abey baby.

1 Comments:

  • I am definitely going to take my seat on the Detroit bandwagon, and for the first time I am finding room in my heart for Utah, vs. the Spurs. (Although I said I wouldn't root for any teams that wear light blue, I specifically meant Denver. Utah's new jerseys are more of a turquoise I have decided).

    I want to hear what Jenny thinks of all this Tayshaun talk. I think if Prince were to get an ejection arguing a call, it would go a long way towards putting him in the Rathouse Gang's good graces. Bonus points for arguing a call made against Sheed.

    By Blogger TVDave, at 5:53 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home