The Moonball Blog

Tuesday, October 31, 2006

Moonball Opening Day

The NBA season begins tonight - and I realized that after the draft we forgot to make our predictions for who will make it to this year's playoffs, NBA Champ, MVP, ROY, etc.

So before the season gets too far underway, here is an online form that will allow you to prognosticate. Close your eyes to the present, see the future, and tell me who it's gonna be.

ALSO...

Thanks to the Knicks cutting Jalen Rose, I got a chance to learn the commissioner tools on Yahoo last night in a live situation. Truth is, they're pretty weak. I can't do much except change your rosters and change league settings. So think of me as an MC, not as a God. I know it will be a change from last year.

I also discovered Yahoo needs time to "digest" any moves you make...not only trades, but all moves. These deadlines are important to understand, since our rosters are set weekly so they can have a longer impact than just the processing time.

Here's how it looks right now, working backwards:

Monday - Rosters are due
Sunday - Free agent and waiver pickups are due, if you want them available to you Monday when you set your roster. Also, if you're out of town and need me to put in your roster for you, I will need it by Sunday.
Friday - Trades are due
Thursday - Trade-Supermoves? I am guessing that it will take trade time, plus a day to pick up your free agent. Not sure yet. I will try to verify this before anyone tries one.

As you can see, this is not the rapid-fire league we are used to...and with a weekly format the timing of all moves will be important. So please try to pay attention.

And now, friends, let's get it started...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home