The Moonball Blog

Thursday, January 10, 2008

Jalen, How I Love Thee

Some of the athlete-turned-sports-blogger columns that ESPN runs on their website have been pretty flimsy both in content and style. But if Jalen Rose can keep cranking of gems like his Checking the Disappointment Book piece, I will quickly change my opinion.

Here is my favorite part:

"3. New York Knicks -- When I play as them on the video game "NBA Live", they can compete against the Spurs, the Suns, anyone. I know my PlayStation3. The Knicks are as good as anyone in that game.

On the court, success has been harder to come by."

That sh*t is beautiful. His explanation of why players like to start in the Bulls entry is also great stuff.

p.s. How bout that crush job Portland put on GState? I am watching these games in amazement.

4 Comments:

  • I guess this blog is increasingly becoming the space where Mike and I and occasionally Pete have discussions about the L.

    Anyway, I saw this and loved it, too. Check out his official blog, where he lays down what it was like to be a member of the Fab Five.

    By Blogger Ironwood Flash, at 8:34 AM  

  • Nice second pass to the official blog Tom...that video is amazing. Calling out his father who he hasn't met, showing the still photographer shooting photos.

    Great stuff.

    After a rough Moonball season, this has warmed me back up to Jalen Rose.

    By Blogger HP All-stars, at 8:51 AM  

  • Yay, Pete!

    You are right about that Jimmy Walker thing, that's a very intense part of JR's fabric.

    By Blogger Ironwood Flash, at 12:31 PM  

  • I almost put a link to that blog in my post, but the Jimmy Walker part gave me some chills. I loved his explanation of the significance of the Fab5

    By Blogger The Green, at 9:21 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home