The Moonball Blog

Thursday, December 06, 2007

Nuggets


A few thoughts about the season, as we get near the quarter pole:

  • Man, the C's are fun to watch. I have watched so much losing basketball over the past few years that I feel like I've been let out of jail. It even makes my peeking in on the Wolves easy to take (well, kinda. I still cannot believe McHale is running that show). Pierce, Garnett & Allen are great, obviously, but I love the secondary guys (House, Posey, Perkins, Rondo - Scalabrine, not so much). It just shows how much team and context matters in hoop - you put any of those guys on a bad team and they are much less effective.
  • Dwight Howard is just insane. I think if PGA are getting a ring it's gotta be this year, because LeBron & Dwight are going to be duking it out for the East as we move out of the oughts...
  • I'm glad to see Britt Robson getting some national love. That guy can really write - he's been a glimmer of goodness for Wolves fans over the past few years.
  • For those of you that missed this on True Hoop, one-time Moonball Blog commenter Kelly Dwyer is no posting it up on Yahoo. Definitely worth adding to the feed reader, in case any of you are getting too much work done these days.
  • How about published author Jenny sitting in first place w/out making a move...I guess someone was paying attention on draft day.
  • I don't know why, but I really hate the Denver Nuggets. Marcus Camby is cool, you have to respect AI, but something about that whole franchise pisses me off. Part of it is their announcers make Tommy Heinsohn sound objective, and part of it is George Karl, but I can't really explain it fully. It's so bad I even rooted for the Lakers last night.

3 Comments:

  • Yeah, I hate George Karl too. Someone once told me that Kendall Gill would have been a star had Karl not ruined his career. Hmmmm.

    By Blogger Knick33, at 9:14 PM  

  • My love for Iverson is enough to overcome my hatred for Karl and Carmelo.

    My hatred of Bird, McHale, Ainge, Sichting, Walton, etc. etc. etc. is enough to overcome my love for KG.

    By Blogger jLev, at 10:13 PM  

  • I like Denver. I like their style. Camby, Melo, AI and Najera are guys I liked from College on. I have even grown to like Kenyon--a Net arch villian if there ever was one.

    By Blogger The Green, at 2:07 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home