The Moonball Blog

Wednesday, July 04, 2007

Nightmares

During the NBA season, I had to stop checking Moonball before going to sleep, or I would run down 18 different fantasy basketball trade scenarios from my pillowtop and never get to sleep. I was like Russell Crowe in A Beautiful Mind...little pieces of newspaper and string connecting pictures of Jason Terry, Marcus Camby and Fabricio Oberto to put together the magic puzzle. Well, now that I won it once, you'd think that would be over? At least for the summer? Nah...

My stomach's been bugging me lately, and I've spent a little too much time half-in, half-out of sleep. Tonight a big dinner turned into bad dreams.

Before turning in I had uploaded a new website for a friend. Somehow, after I went to bed -- the Minnesota Timberwolves half-brain trust led by Kevin McHale jacked my open connection, and somehow through the FTP upload thought they had found a secure connection to finally complete negotiations with the Golden State Warriors to turn the KG trade. Little bits of data like Ellis and Biedrins were uploaded and discussed, and by the time I was onto them, it was done. KG was gone.

Once I woke up, the damage was done and the press was onto us -- I knew too much, and felt embarrassed that I had been a part of such treacherous transactions. It was like the Matrix, and I had been used -- a pawn for the men in black suits. But as the connection faded away I tried to ask KG if it was gonna be okay for him out there on a new team. He just sat there looking cool -- and I honestly couldn't tell one way or the other. Let the chips fall where they may, he seemed to say. I'm just gonna try to enjoy my summer, and win one no matter what the men in black suits will do.

1 Comments:

  • The maxtrix link brings back some sweet memories.

    It makes very sad that KG's departure is nearly a foregone conclusion.

    By Blogger The Green, at 3:31 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home