The Moonball Blog

Saturday, July 14, 2007

F*cked in Florida



Everybody is talking about how the Orlando Magic have really screwed themselves by maxing out Rashard Lewis for 6 years. I am there: Lewis is not a top tier guy and almost any six year deal in a huge risk--something you would have hoped the Magic would have learned from the G Hill years.

A closer look at this photo indicates a much deeper problem for the NBA Mouseketeers. Check the backdrop. The Magic are hawking AMWAY! Freaking AMWAY! Isn't AMWAY a punchline?

Clearly someone in the Magic organization musta taken a long, deep swig of the AMWAY kool-aid to allow the pyramid schemesters this type of high profile venue.

2 Comments:

  • So even though I hold Chad Ford and his symbiotic relationship with Joe D. partially responsible for the Darko pick, his column on the Lewis pick up and rules for managing money was great. It's currently a free Insider link, get it while it's available.

    The Amway connection, wow, nice catch Mike. As hilarious as it is appropriate.

    That said, I'm glad you brought it up, because I was hoping to get a group of us together at your wedding. I have some great deals on some products that I'd be remiss if I didn't give you all an opportunity to get in on it.

    By Blogger Ironwood Flash, at 2:01 PM  

  • The Magic are owned by Rich DeVos who founded Amway and is, as you would imagine, a complete and utter tool.

    Not that that means I won't help a brother out, Tom.

    By Blogger Jason N, at 2:46 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home