The Moonball Blog

Wednesday, April 18, 2007

Moon Rise - Moon Set

Whew, that season flew by. After starting this blog and talking about this fantasy league for an entire summer, suddenly it's summer again and the regular season's over.

And what a race from the Moonball frontrunners! Second/Third/Fourth are still being decided as I write this. Monkeyshoes went off to an early lead behind a surprise start by Chris Bosh, and a solid performance by Pau Gasol, who missed only a short amount of time and played out the rest of the season like a fanatic. How late was he drafted? Unfortunately for Mr. Shoes, no shows from his late season boon Nene and Rip Hamilton may have cost him second.

Rabbis was with monkeyshoes for a while, and had a lot of early games, but no Dwayne Wade was a heartbreaker tonight, and sums up the past month or so after a very impressive climb that lasted all season long.

But the wily Knick33, with a strong cast and great late season performances from David West and final evening performance by West, Jamaal Magloire and Andre Miller sealed the deal, even without Duncan or Iguodala. Wow! Congrats on 2nd place, Mr. 33. I couldn't have predicted that!

Another spot in contention tonight was Rat House Gang making an early evening charge on JLev...only to have him emerge on top in the late games. A game appearance by Dirk Nowitzki helped Lev tremendously, after he lost a couple of games to Dirk last week. (How did he know?)

However another good night for late-season surprise Rec Leaguers, bested both St. Paulers in his bid for most-improved player this year.

And despite a great season by the Bulls, HP All-Stars couldn't quite put it together...and thus, the Layden goes from brother to brother.

Everyone should be congratulated for playing a great season and adjusting to the Yahoo league to make it so competitive. Many thanks to MeWolves behind the scenes, who set up the blog and had confidence we could move the league. He will be buying you money cats rings next year.

And shit, I won.

As the first expansion-team to the top, I feel excited and pretty lucky. Maybe a little masterful. I really loved my team too. I am glad to be joined by monkeyshoes, expansion team -- first time in the money.

Thanks to the Huskers, and Weedblazers for trading with me and talking me up. A special thanks to the Rat House Gang, just because I said I would. Not because of the Z-Rafer trade...but because you stayed and your book got done. (And by staying, we somehow ended up switching to a weekly league. Where would I be without all those lost points by Weedblazers? Rabbis? Knick33?) Also, thanks to Ironwood Flash for agreeing to send me 25 bucks. It will go a long way towards appeasing Michelle with food and drink after a long NBA season.

Moonball is a great thing. The NBA has really won me over these past few years -- and Moonball is the sugar coating on the regular season. Sweet indeed. But we all know it's all about playoffs - just reading Weedblazers previous post got me drooling.

Thanks again, sorry about the long post. I had fun being your commish, and I will post again if I think of any more Moonball season wrap up. But this one's in the can!

2 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home