The Moonball Blog

Wednesday, December 06, 2006

Self-awareness

The NYTimes has a piece on the new ball today...fascinating story.

Worthy of note is that Eddie Curry seems to have benefited from the change - he is putting up a career year posting numbers above his 5-year averages in points, rebounds and shooting percentage.

With results like these, I would predict Curry cheering Stern's move but Eddie joins the crowd: “The ball never leaves my hand the same way. It sticks to my middle finger. It bounces differently off the dribble and on the shot. I definitely notice a difference in the ball, but all my complaints won’t change a thing.”

1 Comments:

  • I find the "little cuts on the hands" kind of disturbing (although in the context of an ACL injury, seems like small potatoes). It just reminds me of handling fiberglass with no gloves.

    Good hunting, Billy Hunter.

    By Blogger TVDave, at 6:16 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home