The Moonball Blog

Saturday, November 18, 2006

Long range from the base line, swish

Ramblings from the mind of a lefty, liberal, devil-worshiping, pot-smoking, gay-loving, conspiracy-therorist, sports fan.

Thought bubbles while watching the Celtics (aka the Suckdicks) blow out the Pacers; despite nothin but love, Larry Bird looked nothin but irritated and inconvenienced when the Boston crowd gave the Ledgend a 4 min. stading O. After a couple minutes L.B. begrudged the mass-holes and half-stood, fluttering his hand above his head as if to say "enough already" rather than "thanks and nice to see you all again." Despite the grand larceny of Walter Berry's nic-name, Paul Pierce is the Manwich of NBA small forwards. Despite helping the C's to victory I winced every time 'Saving Private' Ryan Gomes got another Moonball point for my sworn enemy, Huskers. I currently have 27 sworn enemies. Huskers became one when he refused to trade me Chris Duhon for Chris Bosh. Other enemies include: Lucas Rossi, the New York Jets secondary, Mit Romney and the creators of those "Beatrice" comercials during the '84 Olympics.









Sergio Rodriguez is fun to watch. He needs to beef-up a bit so can make a contested lay-up and play defense but he is a wonderful creator with the pill.










Don't call me a Republican but I like the new no-complaining rule. Players actually seem more focused. The Bird man once got teched out of a game with Wayne Gretzky in attentance. He expressed remorse that he did not put on a show for the Great One but he did not blame the ref. Keep your head in the game ballers you never know who may be watching.


Where the heart lives : part 1
Hoops holds a special place in my life, in my make up. The creativity, the team work, the running, jumping hutsle of it all attracted me from the get go. In no small part I credit Red for inspiring this love affair. It has been an emotional couple weeks for Monkeyshoes as I reflect on the man and his legacy.







CHECK IT

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=4087260609752688346&q=mos+def&hl=en

Monkeyshoes

3 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home