The Moonball Blog

Thursday, April 14, 2011

Moonball Victory - Nothing But Nets!

"Blessed is he, who in the name of charity and good will, shepherds the weak through the valley of darkness, for he is truly his brother's keeper and the finder of lost children. And I will strike down upon thee with great vengeance and furious anger those who would attempt to poison and destroy my brothers."
-Jules Winnfield, Pulp Fiction

I think you've had a taste of that, friends, as you have seen me in action, victorious in Moonball in 2011. Thanks for the great season!

There is no prize anymore for "being in the money" -- but I wonder if you would consider buying a mosquito net for $10 to help me fight malaria and celebrate moonball positivity.

Instead of climbing a ladder to cut down the nets for victory, please help me send a few more nets through this global effort to prevent the spread of malaria. The more nets, the more lives saved. Here is a link to my contribution page.

Thanks again. Let me know if you'd like to find out more about malaria, or hear more about how I won it all. And listen to a member of my previous Moonball championship team, Dikembe Mutombo:



Labels: , ,

4 Comments:

  • Congrats TVDave. Happy to give to this good cause, too. I gave $10 for your win and $10 in honor all who backed me up on commish duties this year.

    On to the playoffs!

    p.s. will we be doing fantasy hockey next year when the NBA is on lock-out?

    p.p.s. Who is next year's commish?

    By Blogger Ironwood Flash, at 1:19 PM  

  • Thanks to Knick30 who gave nets at the AllStar Break -- as you could see, his place in the moonball standings shot upwards about that time. I'm not saying there's a correlation, just saying what happened.

    Thanks Ironwood and thanks HP for giving nets today. Too late to help your Moonball karma this year, I'm afraid, but it's much appreciated. Maybe you'll finish better next season!

    By Blogger TVDave, at 2:25 PM  

  • Monta Ellis D! It does exist afterall. Congrats!

    Great thing working to prevent malaria. Thanks for asking.

    Who is the next commish is a great question, Ironwood. May I suggest that you do two final things as commish for this year? Secure the next commish and at least frame out the two major issues from the Fall (Modified keeper league and daily substitutions) for a League vote.

    I have enjoyed giving you are hard time this season. I hope you have felt the love.

    CGreen


    p.s. do I get $10 for taking on your commish duties last year?

    By Blogger The Green, at 7:29 PM  

  • Green can pick his charity of choice and get my $10 directed. I'm such a big spender.

    I'll work to find the next commish but don't think I'm up for framing the constitutional changes, which I will leave to someone with the passion and motivation to take it on. That can be an incentive for the next commish, to have a transformational aspect to their tenure.

    By Blogger Ironwood Flash, at 1:26 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home