The Moonball Blog

Thursday, April 14, 2011

Kings to Orange County Equals Less Travel for the Lakers

Sure, there are other reasons not to like the all-but-final decision for the Maloof Bros to move Sacramento's dearly beloved Kings south to the O.C.. But what I think is totally ridiculous is that the Lakers have in effect 4 less games for which they need not board a plane than every other team in the League--L.A. already gains the 2 extra home games via 'sharing' the Staples Center with the woeful Clippers, and now possibly a team bus ride to the O.C. to play a newly located team in historical hotbed of Laker fandom. Wonder what the atmosphere of those games will be like?

Labels: ,

2 Comments:

  • Even though I have no love for Sacramento, I hate this whole team moving thing. And to your point, I hadn't even thought about that. Not fair! Meanwhile Wolves have logged lots of miles with tons of West Coast roadtrips as all the midwest teams are in the east.

    As I said to myself last night as I bit my tongue through one more 2011 Wolves loss, "what doesn't kill you makes you stronger". And L.A. will only get weak.

    By Blogger TVDave, at 10:20 AM  

  • I hate Sac moving to Anaheim--greater LA needs not another team.

    That said, this isn't much different than what NY/NJ/Phi has. No arena sharing but relatively easy trips. Western teams generally have it worse--it's way more spread out around here.

    I love that the Lakers and Clips share an arena--we already have too many fields and arenas and it would be stupid for them to have separate joints.

    By Blogger Ironwood Flash, at 1:02 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home