The Moonball Blog

Sunday, June 13, 2010

5 Alive


Two very good games so far in Boston. Both Boston and L.A. are playing super defense. The effort and execution have been outstanding. Some of the blocks have been absolutely spectacular, on both sides. Best Finals in a while.

I was not particularly surprised that the Celtics dropped Ga
me 3, in that they have been so up and down at home all season. Ray obviously could not hit the side of the barn. But Paul, Rondo, Baby and Tony Allen also missed several gimmes. Throw in the missed free throws and rushed 3s, and you have the 2010 recipe for a Celtics’ loss. But even in the Game 3 loss, Boston started establishing themselves on the boards and in the paint. KG was awesome. Rasheed and Baby are playing wonderfully together. The length and range of Wallace and the heft and deft of Davis presents problems for L.A., especially with an increasingly hobbled Bynum.

Watching Derek Fisher close out Game 3 was awful. What a clutch son of a gun/scrub ass sucker. But I know Laker fans were feeling ill after Glenn Davis and Nate Robinson controlled the 4th quarter of Game 4. Along with Tony Allen, Baby and Nate gave Boston a powerful burst of youth, energy and athleticism that L.A. could not counter. Through out t
he Playoffs, these guys have found a rhythm that undeniable. They can lock down their opponents and they attack the rim. Especially when big bad Andrew Bynum is on the sidelines.

Game 5 is gonna be damn fun. Hard to say who has the upper hand. So far, both teams have won the game they needed. Now both teams need to win. Of course, Bynum’s health will be a huge factor. Boston has gained the advantage on the boards after getting pounded early in the series. The team that rebounds wins this series. Another huge factor will be shooting percentage. Boston has missed a TON of good looks on jump shots the last two games--an unfortunate trend at home games all season. One of these next two games, Paul is going to catch fire and drop 30. Lord knows Ray Allen could hit a f
ew more. If Boston wins Game 5, they are winning it all, even if it means winning in 7. Boston plays better on the road. And unlike Game 1& 2, Paul usually goes nuts in his hometown. Plus, you all saw KG pound the floor.

Labels: , ,

1 Comments:

  • I was down in LA on Wednesday and Thursday, returning home for a late night DVR of Game 4. Had a great time staying with Tom, Jenn, Ruthie and Helen in their new home. Had a great time watching Game 4.

    On my flight down to L.A., I wore a Celtics shirt. On my flight home I ran into Eddie House. As I was going through security, I heard one of the TSA folks mention Eddie House has just passed through. Somewhat in a rsh to get to my gate, I kept my eyes pealed as I move through LAX. Then, there's Eddie. I make a bee-line towards him, which he notices. I approach and say "I just wanted to say hello because about two years ago in this very town, you did something that impact my life."

    For some reason I paused, which accentuated the unintended suspense for Eddie, who sitting in L.A. and being approached by a stranger, is certainly wondering if I am friend or foe. He is still looking at me intently when I smile and say, "I am from Boston, and I want to thank you. Thank you and your son Jaelen your your role in winning it all."

    Eddie extends his fist, returns my smile and thanks me. I headed to my gate thinking good omen.

    By Blogger The Green, at 2:58 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home