The Moonball Blog

Monday, May 17, 2010

Further proof that Phil Jackson gets up in the morning and sucks all day

Immigration is an admittedly complicated issue about which good people can disagree. But Phil Jackson's take in an interview with J.A. Adande shows the gutless, front-running nature of the fakiest zen master this side of Master Splinter.

Says Jackson: "I don't think teams should get involved in the political stuff. And I think this one's still kind of coming out to balance as to how it's going to be favorably looked upon by our public. If I heard it right the American people are really for stronger immigration laws, if I'm not mistaken. Where we stand as basketball teams, we should let that kind of play out and let the political end of that go where it's going to go."

So we should wait to see if something is popular before we decide whether it is moral or even logistically possible or economically wise? Sounds like the key word for the carefully spoken Jackson was in his third sentence: If I heard RIGHT. . .

I think Phil is not just sitting on the sidelines. Another comment to Adande: "Am I crazy, or am I the only one that heard [the legislature] say 'we just took the United States immigration law and adapted it to our state.'"

Knowing that Phil is a master of spin, there is zero chance he is so dumb to take Gov Jan Brewer's words on face value.

F Phil Jackson.





Labels:

2 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home