The Moonball Blog

Saturday, May 22, 2010

musings during the pregnant pause


This has got to be the longest t.v. time out in League history.

Couple of thoughts while I was passing the time:

Not that it isn’t being said everywhere, but Rondo has taken his game to an extraordinary level. He was an absolute surgeon in Game 2, scoring every big bucket during Orlando’s desperate attempt to reclaim their season. Having watched him play some 250 games these past three years (no lie, I got league pass and dvr), his vocabulary for dominance seems to grow every game.

Did yall catch Dwight Howard’s little Marcel Marceau routine prior to Game 2? As he was slapping five with various team officials in a dramatic pre-game ritual, he stopped in front of two dudes, who on cue fake poured pretend powder on his out-stretched hands, which he then fake threw up in the air ala LeBron ala KG. That’s the kind of creative energy I want my super star exhibiting before the big game.

Is it weird that both Stan Van Gundy and Alvin Gentry have admitted that their team cannot guard its opponent? In other coaching news, thank god we don’t have to listen to Doug ‘I Love You Kobe’ Collins next year. Let’s hope Philly plays well enough that he doesn’t get fired until at least 2012.

Labels: , , ,

1 Comments:

  • When you were posting about beating Cleveland, I was gonna say something like, "good luck with Orlando," but I didn't want to be mean. I kept it to, "we'll see."

    Wow, I had no idea. C's are tearing it up and are embarrassing the well-oiled Magic machine. Gives me hope for a Lakers defeat in the Finals, unless the latest Phoenix win is the first of 4. Of course, don't Lakers and C's have a history of going back and forth in their respective heydays?

    By Blogger TVDave, at 6:11 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home