The Moonball Blog

Sunday, September 10, 2006

Who the F is Henry Charles James?

I am so tired of NBA news wires filling their headlines with petty crime blotter crap. You cannot scroll ESPN/ABC/Disney’s nba page without a crime story. And ESPN is by no means alone. Coming from Portland, I have long tasted the maggots in the mind of the media. But this type of sh*t, reporting on hardly a blip on the NBA universe (Henry Charles James?!?!), is simply redonkulus. The only theme I see is a criminal black man. Misery.

Now, I will fully acknowledge that most all of these various crime stories have some veracity. That is far from my point. On one level, my complaints would be answered if NBA journalists simply spent more energy reporting on the actual game. The Oregonian barely recounted on court action during most of the ‘jail blazers’ era, and that included some spectacular teams playing superb basketball. HC James is a long retired scrub who registered little to nothing in the NBA storybook. But why cover the reason we know NBA players when we can focus their unrelated delinquency?

There is so many ways in which to critique such abysmal journalism, but I will simply suggest that if you are going to highlight negative on court behavior, then spend equal time on the positive. Hardly a blip on the media radar, Shaq’s contributions to affordable housing could have been a wonderful story for the NBA. I hated that Laker f*ck until I read that story. Now, he is my Daddy.

What a difference a difference makes.

1 Comments:

  • I have long tasted the maggots in the mind of the media.

    Wow - I love the idea that as Mike reads he eats the brains of the writers.

    By Blogger HP All-stars, at 10:30 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home