The Moonball Blog

Friday, July 21, 2006

Thoughts on the verge of a pennant race


  • I vote for a salary cap and weekly approval rating polls for the comish.
  • did you know that David Ortiz loves playin hoops and can dunk? With the new expanded moonball rosters he may be worth drafting.
  • reading the choices for the new rules felt like reading Oregon ballot measures. I had so much trouble wrapping my head around the verbiage that I had no idea how I felt.
  • I thoroughly enjoyed watching Italy scrap its way to world cup victory and with my recent demotion to basic cable I watched the entire tournament on univision. While my Spanish did not improve (I think cabeza means head), I was reminded that nba arena fans are in fact rather lame when compared to the wildly creative and zealous foootball fans.
  • it seems to me that the simplest rules would be option 1. The 82 game limit makes sense. The idea that you could change your roster everyday only gives an advantage to the same people who always wind up on top and way. It also creates an added emphasis on drafting a deep team which is much more fun than trolling for scrubs during the season. Regardless of what amount of diligence is needed to compete the cream will rise and monkeyshoes will be just close enough to taste the sweetness.
  • I'm trying not to drool too much as I think about the next five years of Becket, Lester and Papelbon. Go Sox
  • If we can avoid any rules that include the language "officiallyInactive players" it would be such a pleasant season.
  • ever since the Sox won the World Series every team in every sport is a "nation". The reason Sox Nation exists (besides the fact that we are self-obsessed, myopic morons) is because it encompases all of New England, parts of Florida and many other pockets all around the country. I hate to break it to Oregon State but there is no such thing as Beaver Nation.

1 Comments:

  • Great post, MonkeyShoes. Watching the World Cup on Univision was a good move - I made the switch after my boys asked why daddy kept calling the 'tv guys' idiots.

    By Blogger Jason N, at 3:14 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home