The Moonball Blog

Monday, May 22, 2006

As if...

So, anyone interested in making sure Moonball sucks as much time from your summer as the rest of the year? I have heard about this before, but never played, but it seems like a very cool idea:

http://whatifsports.com/nba-l/default.asp

It's $10 to play, and is basically a 40 day season (two games per day). The concept is you have a salary cap & can assemble a roster from past NBA seasons, so you could buy Larry Bird from 1986 and Shaq from 2000 (and then fill up your roster w/a bunch of chumps). Once everyone has a team, the computer uses some kind of algorithm to play out the season.

Let me know if you're interested and I'll look into it more.

2 Comments:

  • Not for me. If I did this, my enthusiasm for playing moonball would wane considerably. I need the offseason. Cool idea, though.

    By Blogger Ironwood Flash, at 1:55 PM  

  • I'm not into this either. I don't have enough history with the game to know who was good when...or really care. Of course, maybe if I were to play I would learn (the hard way).

    By Blogger TVDave, at 1:30 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home