The Moonball Blog

Friday, March 31, 2006

Gratuitous Zeke Bashing

Trying in vain to make myself feel better about McHale. Question - when Zeke gets fired is McHale the worst GM in the league? Actually, a better question is: would there be a GM left that has done more career damage to a franchise than McHale? It used to be you could count on Elgin Baylor to be the career leader in bad moves, but since he's actually delivered a complete and utter fleecing of McH, there's no way you could rank him lower. With both Babcocks out of the league, I'm not sure who comes close (you Blazer fans want to weigh in on Nash?)

Anyway, here's the link: The ballad of Isaiah Thomas

4 Comments:

  • The saddest day in recent Knick history, and by "recent" I think I mean the last week, was when Kelvin Sampson was hired as IU's coach. That faint glimmer of all hope disappeared.

    By Blogger Knick33, at 4:08 PM  

  • It's a sad state of affairs. It seems like Dolan is in a GW Bush-like cocoon where he seems to have no idea how atrocious the situation is.

    I guess part of me hopes that Zeke sticks around long enough to trade w/McHale, but they could probably come up with a trade that hurts both teams.

    By Blogger Jason N, at 5:01 PM  

  • Even I have to admit the folly of Isiah...too bad for the Knicks he can't put the clock back 15-20 years and suit up himself. At least I have the counterbalance of Joe D as the best GM in the L to make it all okay.

    By Blogger Ironwood Flash, at 5:06 PM  

  • Hey, thanks for pointing people to the Ballad of Isiah. I appreciate it.

    By Blogger Blogger, at 1:04 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home