The Moonball Blog

Friday, June 26, 2009

Inconsequential Draft React


All right - here's a two-minute clip of Shatner Kirk in Daniel Martinico's 15-minute movie, Khaan!, which is a loop of James Kirk winding up to scream the name of the evil Mr. Rorke in The Wrath of Khan. Spoiler: there's 1 yell for each PG the Wolves took last night.

I was thrilled Rubio dropped, but it looks like it might lead to some drama about whether he's afraid of the cold, and whether he'll come here or not. Sorry Ricky, there's only room for one Favre in this town. But you knew it might happen, and I guess Khan probably knew too -- that's why they grabbed Flynn at 6, who seemed to be their guy they fell in love with. And picking him took some stones after Rubio. Khan has clarified his motivations in a letter here, which I find refreshing...and is about what I figured...although I'm sure there's a possibility one of them gets traded. Doesn't hurt to stockpile assets at this stage in the Wolves rebuilding. I'm glad they grabbed Ellington at 28 so we at least have a shooting guard who can shoot.

My favorite part of the draft was when Rubio dropped to the Wolves, and I got all excited, and made Michelle watch the post-pick interview. Ricky said in a heavy accent, "I'm Ricky Rubio— I'm not like steef nuts...I'm not like anybody else." I started laughing, and I asked Michelle, "did he just say, "I'm not like Stiff Nuts?" No way! What does that phrase mean in Spanish?" And deadpan, she's like, "Uh...Steve Nash."

3 Comments:

  • I loved this clip, Dave, how awesome. Wrath of Khan, the greatest of the Star Trek movies. When Spock dies, hooboy.

    Will be interesting to see if Ricky ends up staying in Minny. I hear NY is calling...

    And how dare you bring up Judas Favre!

    By Blogger Ironwood Flash, at 9:51 PM  

  • Great story - way to go, Michelle!

    By Blogger bionicjones, at 5:22 PM  

  • Dave,
    you, however, are like stiff nuts.

    flynn is a tough dude. that does not always translate into good player but i agree that a team as sorry as the t-wolves needs talent first. positions can be sorted out later. celtics trade for KG was all about C's mining for talent not drafting by position.

    By Blogger monkeyshoes, at 6:15 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home