The Moonball Blog

Saturday, April 22, 2006

Moonball Mission to Chicago

Thanks Pete, for the post. The music was alright, but the Chicago visit was really about the moonball.

The morning after the moonball season was done, I saw my duty as newly appointed moonball commish to take the show out on the road. Rather than ruling with an iron fist like my friend WeedBlazers, I like to be friendly, nod and smile, pretend I'm listening, and then make my decisions. So I went to the highest concentration of moonball GMs in the world outside Minneapolis -- Chicago.

Like some presidents of the US I was on the road to meet and greet, and generate support for my new moonball plan. And although none of these guys let me near their babies to kiss, they did shake my hand.

On short notice, all of the Chicago GMs rallied and made it out to the Mike Gunther show at the 'Shoe. A good time was had, and Knick33 bought me a beer and told me just how many points he had won by. That was good to know, since I had put a piece of tape over that part of my computer screen long ago so I wouldn't have to look at his totals anymore.

Pete was happy to have passed Ironwood, and was ready to leave for China the next day with Henry. DCassell was in relatively good spirits about retaining the Layden. He vowed revenge next year, and does not plan on keeping it after next season. So let that be a warning to you all.

We wrapped up the evening, and everyone went home. I didn't stay out too much later, but we did get up the next morning for another reason to go to Chicago: a hotdog breakfast at Hot Doug's where "There are no two finer words in the English language than 'encased meats,' my friend." Friday and Saturday they serve duckfat fries...a MUST before spending the rest of the day in the back of a van.

If any of you other folks want to gain my ear, come by my town, and I will buy you a beer. It is certainly my priviledge as 2nd place overall to ease your pain with what was once your money. (That includes you folks all the way over in St. Paul.) Otherwise, I will take a picture of one and post it here for you. Cheers!

1 Comments:

  • ... all of which makes me feel further shame for blowing off the Mike Gunther/Dave Meier cd release concert right here in the SP. I wanted to go, I really did... At least you have good friends in other cities.

    But we'll make it up to you when Rat & JLev hand over our $60 to your Hello Shooters alter ego. In fact, we'll bring Madeline over when we drop off the money so you can be there as we explain to her why we can't afford diapers this month.

    By Blogger jLev, at 2:08 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home