The Moonball Blog

Tuesday, October 03, 2006

There goes me, but for...


I damn near killed myself late last Friday night. After a few too many, I fell from the top of our second floor stairs to the kitchen - missed the first step, landed half way down on my back and flipped over the next 6 stairs, only to be stopped when my head hit the floor wall corner combination.

Danielle managed to pick me off the floor and walk me to bed. I got up the next morning and headed to the ER for some dilaudin. Sweet sweet dilaudin. A CT scan and x-ray later, I limped out of the hospital giving thanks that I had only a really sore body. No shattered kidney, no internal bleeding, no broken ribs.

Sounds worse than it is - each day it hurts a little less. Picking up kids is an act of love. I am moving slowly, especially when getting up from a chair or bending over.

Perhaps a little more sober in my perspective on life too.

2 Comments:

  • Damn, Pete that sucks. Glad you're okay. I would have put pretty good odds I'd be the first of us to fall down a flight of stairs...

    By Blogger Jason N, at 7:36 PM  

  • Ouch! Man, I am glad you are okay. That is pretty scary.

    Makes me want to move my bedroom to the first floor.

    By Blogger The Green, at 2:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home