The Moonball Blog

Thursday, June 08, 2006

Crazy 'bout the Finals


Unlike HPete, I'm pretty excited about the Finals. Part of it is just the return of hoop - after the two month playoff extravaganza, it's sucked to have no basketball since Saturday.

It's also more fun when you've chosen sides, and this year I'm crazy for them Mavs. Despite the nearly unforgivable sin of being from Texas (and from the worst part of Texas, no less) they are really fun to watch. Everyone is talking about how great Dirk and Howard (way to pick Ebi, McHale you fuck) have been, but it's the other guys that have made me happy - the legend of Sagana Diop, Devin Harris (official Spurs killer of the 2006 playoffs), Stack transformed from selfish chucker to steely clutch vet. Plus, Avery is awesome, and how can you not love Cubes? (well, other than that whole swindle deal).

And, while I too have learned to love the daddy, and everyone loves Wade, but there is too much to hate about the Heat.

Fuck Riles - Mavs in seven.

1 Comments:

  • I will continue to resist the urge to get cable simply to keep up with the Joneses.

    Besides, the fun isn't in the watching, but in the journey. Meanwhile, the Finals are still broadcast on ABC.

    On the subject of cable, though, I know I'm missing out on the Daily Show. They are now including a global edition that plays on CNN at 11:30 PM in central europe. I caught it a couple times during our trip, and it's pretty goddamn funny.

    Meanwhile, my plan to watch more playoffs? Cheer harder for the Wolves.

    By Blogger TVDave, at 1:44 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home