The Moonball Blog

Friday, May 05, 2006

Playoff Thoughts

Nice post from Kevin Pelton at 82games:

http://www.82games.com/pelton19.htm

The Sports Mysoginist manages to write 3000 words on the NBA with only two unnecesary WNBA cheap shots (though he does also manage a gratuitous KG dig...)

Lengthy essay from the good folks at Free Darko on Bron-Bron's layup. I gotta say, when I watched it it looked to me more like a great player getting it done than the D brain freezing. Amazing play.

Okay, gotta go set the Tivo for tonight's episode of the Best First Round Ever. Hope all of you are doing well...

3 Comments:

  • Interesting articles. On the LeBron phenom, I agree with the Free Darko author in that LeBron seems to have some of that crybaby sense of entitlement.

    Is it his fault though?

    When I saw him at Wolves-Cavs this year, I was struck by it. It bugged me, but I immediately felt guilty as he was money for Hello Shooters this year.

    I'm not surprised he's copped the attitude because he's so young, and the way a hush fell over the place everywhere he went, he was like the biggest rockstar anywhere. If that's how people treat you, I guess you might ask for a few calls (or all of them).

    But when I watch hoops I definitely fall into the camp of liking players who fit with my personality, rather than for skills. It's why I hate Kobe, and it's why I was kinda pulling for the Wiz vs. the Cavs...though I like that everyone on Cleveland has a beard now, LeBron sometimes rubs me the wrong way. I found I'm more of an Arenas guy. He is as cool as they come (but can't hit clutch free throws apparently.)

    By Blogger TVDave, at 4:56 PM  

  • That Cavs / Wiz series was awesome. Best argument yet that the NBA should keep trying to stop letting teams play defense...

    BronBron is going to be a fascinating guy to watch, to see if he's got the mindset to become as dominant as he clearly has the talent to be.

    By Blogger Jason N, at 11:44 AM  

  • Nice washington-riffic rants over at Wizznutzz...particularly the expose of Clevand's success.

    By Blogger HP All-stars, at 12:13 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home